||Essam Amin Nasr
|| Veterinary Serum & Vaccine Research Institute
|Birth of Date:
||27 Shalbey – Hadye El Kobbia, Cairo
||Home: 010-5750613 / 02-6746270
Work: 23421866- 23421406
- Ph.D. in Veterinary Medical Science (Microbiology)
Thesis Title: Studies on Atypical Mycobacterial Microorganisms”, 1997, Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Zagazig University, Egypt.
- M.sc. in Veterinary Medical Science (Microbiology)
Thesis Title: “Studies on the Reliability of Diagnosis of Atypical Mycobacterial Infection by Using ELISA Technique”, 1992, Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Zagazig University, Egypt.
- Diploma in Microbiology, Medical Science, 1987, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
- B.Sc. in Veterinary Medical Science, 1981, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
- 2015-Current Deputy Director
- 2003-Current: chief Researcher and head of, Department of Bacterial Diagnostic Material Research (Tuberculosis and BCG Vaccines), Veterinary Serum and Vaccine Research Institute, Abbasia, P.O. Box 131, Cairo, Egypt
- 1997-2003: Researcher Department of Bacterial Diagnostic Material Research (Tuberculosis and BCG Vaccines), Veterinary Serum and Vaccine Research Institute, Abbasia, P.O. Box 131, Cairo, Egypt
- 1992-1997: Research Assistant, Department of Bacterial Diagnostic Material Research (Tuberculosis and BCG Vaccines), Veterinary Serum and Vaccine Research Institute, Abbasia, P.O. Box 131, Cairo, Egypt
- 1982-1992: Assistant Researcher, Department of Bacterial Diagnostic Material Research (Tuberculosis and BCG Vaccines), Veterinary Serum and Vaccine Research Institute, Abbasia, P.O. Box 131, Cairo, Egypt
- Conducted extensive research in different fields of the Multinational Research Program for the Eradication of TB, Funded by the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture. I was a member of the research team.
- I have been involved in the following research projects:
- Research project in the field of the production of diagnostic materials for TB, including, Tuberculin (Human, Bovine, and Avian, PPD Tuberculin).
- Production of specific antigen for the accurate diagnosis of TB, such as 30, 38, and 45 K Dalton proteins, etc..
- Isolation and Identification of Mycobacteria from Milk and Dairy Products by Using Conventional and PCR.
- Bacteriological isolation and identification of Mycobacterial Strains from animal and human sources by using conventional and advanced techniques. The advanced techniques include, BACTEC 416B, MGIT (Mycobacteria Growth Indicator Tube)System, and SEPTI-Check AFB (Acid Fast Bacteria), Gamma Interferon (Bova gum).
- Evaluation of the drug susceptibility methodology and disinfection against TB.
- Production of BCG Vaccine in Veterinary Medical Field.
- Production of Specific Vaccines against TB using DNA Vaccine and ESAT-6.
- Supervised a group of Ph.D. and M.Sc. scholars.
- Standardization of Tuberculin Test for Diagnosis in Camels in Egypt.
Membership, Honors and awards:
- Member of the Egyptian Supreme Authority for the Evaluation of BCG Vaccine and Tuberculin.
- Attended a Training Course in Enhancing Managerial skills for Top Management, School of Business Management, American University in Cairo, 2004.
- Attended an International Short Course in Intellectual Property Management, Michigan State University, USA, 2001
- Awarded for three consecutive years, the first prize for conducting outstanding research by the Egyptian Society for Animal Disease, Assiut University, 1994.
- Member of the Egyptian Veterinary Medicine Society.
- Member of the Egyptian Immunological Society.
- Consultant of the Egyptian Veterinary Medical Syndicate.
- Submitted research papers and attended over 15 national and international Conferences in the field of Veterinary Medicine.
- Attended Training Programs and Courses in the field of using BCR Technique for the rapid diagnosis of TB.
- TOEFL approval score (530)
Some of Publications
- Efficacy of Antigen 60 for Serodiagnosis of Bovine Tuberculosis, Nasr ,E. A., et. al., The 2nd International Scientific Conference, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Mansoura University, pp. 545-556, 2001
- Tuberculin Skin Reactivity, MGIT and a Biphasic Septi Check “AFB” System for Accurate and Rapid Diagnosis of Bovine Tuberculosis, Nasr, E. A. , et. al., Journal of the Egyptian Veterinary Medical Association, 5th Arab Veterinary Medical Congress 2001, Vol. 6 (2): 359-371, 2001
- Evaluation of Mycobacterium Bovis Sarkosyl Extract for Diagnosis of Bovine Tuberculosis in Buffakloes, Nasr, E. A., et. al., Beni Suef Veterinary Medical Journal, Proc. Of 2nd Scientific Congress 2001, Vol. 11 (2B): 579-586.
- Standardization of Tuberculin Test for Diagnosis in Camels in Egypt, Nasr, E. A., et. al., Bulletin of Animal Health Production Africa (2001), 49, 276-282.
- Evaluation of the Sensitivity and Specificity of Bovine Gamma Interferon in Vitro Assay for Diagnosis of Tuberculosis in Buffaloes, Nasr,E. A., et. al., Veterinary Medical Journal, Giza 2002, Vol. 50, No. 4A, 721-732
- Purification of 38 K Da Antigen for Diagnosis of Tuberculosis in Buffaloes, Nasr, E. A., et. al., Veterinary Medical Journal, Giza 2002, Vol. 50, No. 4A,741-754.
- Evaluation of ELISA and Pathological Findings in Diagnosis of Tuberculosis in Camels in Egypt, Nasr ,E. A., et. al., Veterinary Medical Journal, Giza 2002, Vol. 50, No. 4A,681-693.
- Field Study for Rapid Detection of Tuberculosis in Buffaloes Using Gluteraldehyde Gelification Test Nasr ,E. A., et. al., 6th Scientific Congress 2001, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, pp. 125-129.
- Detection of atypical Mycobacteriosis in Horses Affected With Influenza Virus, Nasr, E. A., et. al., 7th Scientific Congress Egyptian Society for Cattle Disease 2003, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Assiut University, pp. 188-196.
- Effect of Using an Extract from Mycobacterium pheli and a New Adjuvent on the Immune Response of Infectious Coryza Vaccine., Nasr, E. A., et. al., 11th Scientific Congress 2004, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Assiut University, pp. 392-403.
- Assessment of a Mycobacterium Bovis BCG 45/47 KDa antigen Complex for Diagnosis of Bovine Tuberculosis, Nasr, E. A., et. al., Journal of Egyptian Vet. Medicine Assoc., 64 (4), 2004, pp. 337-348
- Evaluation of Using “Lysozyme Extract” Antigen of Virulent Mycobacterium Bovis for Detection of Bovine Tuberculosis, Nasr, E. A., et. al., Minufiya Vet. J., Vol. 3(3) 2004, pp. 211-220.
- Pathological and Nested PCR Studies on Goats Experimentally Infected with Mycobacterium Bovis, Nasr, E. A., et. al., 2005. Kafr Elshekh. Conferance
- Cloning and Expression of Recombinant MPB70 Protein Antigen From Mycobacterium Bovis BCG For Diagnosis of Tuberculosis.
Soliman Y.A , Ghonim M. , Nasr ,E.A , Moussal l , Ebiary , E.A , Selim S.A
- The Egyptian Journal Of Immunology Vol :11(2) ,2003 Page: 21-29 .
- Comparison Between The Conventional Methods Used For Detection Of M . bovis In Milk And The Nested Polymerase Chain Reaction By Moussa, I . M ; Nasr, E. A ; Soliman, Y .A ; Tawakkol, W. Beni - Suef Vet. Med. J . Vol. XV No(1) jan.2005(21-37).
- Comparison between tuberculin test results and ELISA for diagnosis of bovine tuberculosis by F. R. El-Seedy : Sohair S. Elyas ; W. H. Hassan ; E. A. ,Nasr
- Effect Of Using An Extract From Mycobacterium Phlei And A New Adjuvant On The Immune Response Of Infectious Coryza Vaccine O.E. Kamal ; A.S. Hussein ; Nasr, E.A.,And A.Z. Hussein. 11th Sci. Cong 2004 , Fac. Vet. Med, Assiut University Egypt.
- Efficacy Of ESAT-6 Antigen Secreted By Virulent Mycobacteria For Specific Diagnosis Of Tuberculosis Abdel Aziz A. Mosaad, Nasr ,E.A ,abdel Twab A.A Daoud ,A.M ,And William Davis ;8th Sci. Cong. Egyptian Society For Cattle Diseases ,11-13 Dec 2005 Assiut ,Egypt .
- Efficacy Of Solulbilized Protein Antigen Extracted From Mycobacteria For Detection Of Bovine Tuberculosis ; Nasr ,E.A And Magda A. Kalad ;8th Sci. Cong. Egyptian Society For Cattle Diseases ,11-13 Dec 2005 Assiut ,Egypt .
- Some Diagnosis Studies On Tuberculosis In Buffaloes . ;A.M. Hafez ,A.A.A. El Sawalhy , M.H . Al Gaabary , Nasr ,E.A. And Z.S Aly ;4th Int. Sci. Conf. Mansoura 5-6 April 2005 (551-563) .
- Assessment and Molecular Characterization Of Fibronectin Binding Protein of Mycobacterium bovis For diagnosis of Tuberculosis in Pigs. Nasr ,E.A. et al. Kafr-El-Sheikh . Vet . Med . J. Vol 4 . No(1) 2006
- Detection of Avian Tuberculosis using some serological tests and post mortem finding. Nasr ,E.A. et al ; 12th Sci. Cong . Assuit University 10-12 Dec 2006
- Immunogenicity and Protective Efficacy of Plasmid DNA encoding ESAT 6 Antigen of Mycobacterium Bovis. Nasr ,E.A. ; Soliman Y.A
Zag. Vet. J (ISSN 1110-1458) Vol 35 No 1 (135 - 145) (2007)
- Evaluation of Rapid Blood Test for Detecting of Mycobacterium Bovis antibody in Cattle. Nasr ,E.A ; Osman H.S
9th Sci. Cong. Egyption Society for cattle Dis. 2007 Assuit . Egypt
- Use of Recent Techniques for Rapid Detection of Mycobacterial Infection
Nasr E.A ;9th Sci. Cong. Egyption Society for cattle Dis. 2007 Assuit . Egypt
- Biological Evaluation of Pyrazinamide Liposomes for Treatment of Mycobacterium Tuberculois ; M.S El Ridy, D.M Mostafa , A.Shehab , E.A Nasr , Sameh Abd El Alim. International Journal of Pharmaceutics 330 (2007) 82-88.
- Some epizootiological studies on Mycobacteriosis in ornamental fishes. Egypt J. Aquat.Biol. and fish, vol.11, No.3 885_898 (2007) Iss N 1110 _6131. Mohamed S. M. Marzouk. ; Manal A. A. Essa. ; Fawzy R. El Seedy. Nasr ,E. A.. And Doaa M. Abdel Gawad.
- Biological evaluation of pyrazinamed liposomes for treatment of Mycobacterium Tuberclosis .International Journal of pharmaceutics 330 (2007) 82 _88 . M. S. El Ridy. ; D. M. Mostafa. ; A. Shehab. ; Nasr ,E. A.. And Sameh Abdel
- A comparative study between the performance of a novel , rapid lateral flow test and the conventional tuberculin skin test in recognizing cattle with tuberculosis lesions in Egyptian herds .13 Th Sci. Conf. 2008. Fac. Vet. Med. Assiut Uni. , Nasr ,E. A. et al. Egypt. PP. 637_ 652.
- Field investigation of swine Mycobacteriosis with serodiagnostic trial using fibronictin binding protein (AG 85_B). Amr M. Mohamed. ; Nasr ,E. A. and Yousef Soliman .
- Biological evaluation of Rifampcin Niosomes for treatment of Mycobacterium Tuberculosis. M. S. El Ridy. ; A. Abdel Bary ; Nasr ,E. A.. ; A. Shehab and A. A. A. Kassem. International Journal of Pharmaceutics (2009)
- Phenotypic and molecular typing of tuberculous and nontuberculous Mycobacterium species from slaughtered pigs in Egypt. Amr M. Mohamed; Ghada A. Abou El Ella; Nasr ,E. A.. J. Vet. Diag. Invest. 21: 48- 52 (2009).
- Differentiation between M. tuberculosis and M. bovis using genetic approach Nasr ,E. A... ; Soliman y. A. ; Amany F. Alexan and Eman. M. Z. Egypt. J. of Appl. Sci. Vol. 24 (7): 1-12 (2009).
- Evaluation of factors affecting the biological activity and stability of different tuberculin. Nasr ,E. A...; Soliman, Y.A.; Sherif, N.A.; Sherin Aziz and Magda S. Mohamed. Zag. Vet. J. (ISSN. 1110-1458) Vol. 38, No. 3 (2010) pp. 1-7
- Assessment of defined antigen cocktails for sero-diagnosis of tuberculosis. Soliman,Y.A.; Abdel-Rahman, M.; Afaf, A. khedr; Nasr ,E. A... and Makhareta, M.A. Beni - Suef Vet. Med. J. april.2010 Conferance